Making a Plan
Answers to your most frequently asked questions.
What are the levels of care that are provided at Ecumen Lakeshore?
Independent living apartments, assisted living, secure memory care, short-term rehabilitation, and home care.
What are the options for senior apartments on the Lakeshore campus?
The Crest provides independent living apartments with full kitchens, laundry rooms, fireplaces, patios or balconies. The Shores offers assisted living apartments and memory care, and is intended for those who need daily help.
Is there availability at the Crest (independent apartments)?
There is currently a waitlist. We invite you to join it if you are interested in The Crest.
Is there availability at the Shores (assisted living or memory care)?
Openings can become available each month. Please call 218-625-8280 for more information.
Can I pre-plan my stay at the Fountains (short-stay rehabilitation unit)?
Yes, we will take your reservations prior to a planned surgery. To meet with our care team and reserve your admission date at The Fountains, please call our admissions coordinator, Sue Akervik at 218-625-7853 or, click here to request information and our admissions team will be in contact with you.
What is Ecumen Transportation?
We have a program that provides transportation within the Twin Ports area in our vehicles that are equipped for wheelchairs and other ambulatory devices. Rides can be easily scheduled by calling 218-625-8400. One-way prices start at $28.00 per trip plus $1.90 per mile.
Where can I learn more information about employment opportunities?
- Please see the Employment Opportunities page or call 218-625-7813 for more information.
I have a question about my recent bill?
- For a bill from the Fountains, please call 218-625-7825.
- For a bill from The Crest, please call 218-625-7805.
- For a bill from The Shores, please call 218-625-8280.
Can I make reservations for the Café/Grille?
- The public is welcome to dine in our café and on-site restaurant. You can make reservations for the Cascade Café or the Courtyard Grille by calling 218-625-7830.
Is Salon on Superior (beauty shop) open to public?
- Yes, please call 218-625-7856 for availability and pricing. Our salon offers everything from cuts, color, and perms to manicure and pedicure services.
I am interested in living in your community, where should I begin?
What is there to do once I make the move to Ecumen Lakeshore?
- You can remain as active as you wish. Ecumen Lakeshore has a complete menu of activities, educational and cultural programs, events and exercise groups within our community.
Does Ecumen Lakeshore have any other specific indoor recreation?
- Yes, there are weekly yoga, Silver Sneakers, Bone Builders, and YMCA classes. We also have an indoor fitness center with beautiful Lake Superior views. We encourage people to remain active AND healthy.
Does Ecumen Lakeshore have any outdoor recreation?
- Our entire campus is bordered with a paved walking path that can be enjoyed all year-round. Pedi cabs are also available to get around our campus ground in the warmer months.